Wendy Wood: Artist Statement
Creating art is a meditative and relaxing experience for me. It is a time to reflect, let go and enjoy a peaceful moment in our fast-paced and over-connected world. A time to play, experiment and embrace the happy accidents that naturally occur using an intuitive and spontaneous process.
Influenced by nature, music, literature and design, my art is a colorful mix of watercolors, textures and lines — overlapping and merging. A flowing elegance drifts across the page, mindful of organic shapes and white space. Soft, round and fluid movements with overlapping brush strokes combine to form a light, airy, flowing experience.
Get updates in your inbox about design news, upcoming events and art sales. Sign up here.
View the latest artwork, illustration and prints!
- AIGA — the Professional Association for Design
- Adobe Design Achievement Awards Panelist — 2019 & 2020
- Creatives Roundtable
- Bachelor of Arts, Applied Art & Design, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- San Carlos Utility Box Project
- January - June, 2019 — One Life Counseling Center, San Carlos, CA
- July 2018 — St. Mark's — 600 Colorado Ave, Palo Alto, CA
- June 2018 — Keller Williams — 628 El Camino Real, San Carlos, CA
- December 2 & 3, 2017 — Silicon Valley Open Studios — ArtBias.org
- April/May 2017 — Solo Exhibit — Keller Williams — 628 El Camino Real, San Carlos, CA
- May 6–7 2017 — Silicon Valley Open Studios — ArtBias.org
- December 2016 — Vintiq — Alameda, CA (Group Exhibit)