Wendy Wood: Artist Statement
Creating art is a meditative and relaxing experience for me. It is a time to reflect, let go and enjoy a peaceful moment in our fast-paced and over-connected world. A time to play, experiment and embrace the happy accidents that naturally occur using an intuitive and spontaneous process.
Influenced by nature, music, literature and design, my art is a colorful mix of watercolors, textures and lines — overlapping and merging. A flowing elegance drifts across the page, mindful of organic shapes and white space. Soft, round and fluid movements with overlapping brush strokes combine to form a light, airy, flowing experience.
Contact Wendy to inquire about showings, work for purchase or just to talk art!
- The Art Center of Redwood City and San Carlos, Studio #215
- Bachelor of Arts, Applied Art & Design, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- San Carlos Utility Box Project
- April/May 2017 — Solo Exhibit
Thursday, April 20, 5–7pm,
Keller Williams — 628 El Camino Real, San Carlos, CA
- May 6–7 2017 — Silicon Valley Open Studios — The Art Center of Redwood City and San Carlos, Studio #215
- December 2016 — Vintiq — Alameda, CA (Group Exhibit)